Re: Stereo

From: Stacy Clark (clar8883@dpnet.net)
Date: Sat Nov 29 1997 - 11:15:59 EST

Carlo Difelice wrote:

> Hello All
>
> This is my first effort at posting a message to this group so any (reasonable) advice would be appreciated. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Jon Steiger and all of you who offer information here. I think we all show the new attitude of informed buyer and great taste in our choice of vehicles. Having slapped our accumulative backs I am looking for a little information on Audio upgrades in particular acoustics.
>
> I am building a tuned port box to install a 10" sub for the real good bass to happen. The speaker I am using does need a fair volume to operate well so I will build a box which will run the entire length of the jumper area in back. The estimated size is 50" l.* 13" d.* 9" h. with a 3" by 5.5" deep tuned port and covered in matching cloth. I am probably going to pull the seats out and mount them to the top of the box. This I realize may reduce head room but it is after all only a passenger area w
>

> Thanks in advance Carlo
Use caulk and a caulking gun to seal the cracks or creases. buy some
good DYNO Matt for the sheat metal. and for deeper bass get some pillow
stuffing or its called poly something, but anyway fill your boxes with
it(dont jam it in... fluff it in). this will make the low frequency
sound waves bounce inside the box more wich will add deeper bass.

Jason Clark
p.s JL Audio makes a 10w6 that fits under the middle of the back seat
just incase you dont remove the seat.