Re: Soap

From: wayne@justicenet.net
Date: Sat Nov 29 1997 - 03:03:56 EST

> >> but, whatever the original owner used to clean the body faded
> >>the paint a little ...
>
> Ya know, not to scare anyone but....
>
> When I bought my 92 Brilliant Blue metallic 4x4 Dak, it had a "dull" area on
> the roof...
>
> I blew it off, thinking that it was a thinned clearcoat area or somesuch.....
>
> Well, a few years later, it started peeling BAD in that area.....The roof
> was repainted free of charge by the dealer...
>
> Now, I seem to have two other areas that have a similar "lack of luster"
> that I couldve sworn were perfect before....
>
> I am watching closely to see any developments occur....
>
> ANyone else have a similar experience??

I've had that same problem on a 93 Dakota. The roof is peeling
pretty bad about 2-3 inches above the window. It's peeled about a
5x10 inch rectangle off. Didnt happen to notice if it turned color
before it peeled, its silver and allways appears shiney in the sun.
Unfortunetly it started peeling after the warrenty. :(

Wayne