Re: Dakota puchase questions

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 09:11:21 EST

Gary Atkinson wrote:

> If you really need the larger mirrors for towing etc then go for it,
> but...be advised, they cause a blind spot behind them.

  That blind spot is also pretty pronounced on my Dak with the 5x7
remote mirrors. The pillar in my Club Cab, along with the mirrors,
makes for a blind spot bigger than with any other vehicle I've driven
since I was a bus driver.

  The blind spot is pretty easily taken care of, though. Just go get a
couple of stick-on convex fisheye mirrors. I think mine cost me US$2-3.

> > I'd spend the extra $20 or so for the 6x9 power mirrors -- both for
> > the extra view, and because they fold.

  I hate power accessories and avoided the 6x9 power mirrors, but I can
speak from bitter experience that the 5x7 mirrors _do_not_ fold. Now I
have a new passenger-side mirror, and a nice little dent in the door. :(

  Ron