Re: Dakota puchase questions

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 09:31:25 EST

> > I just gotta say you are wrong on the Auto transmission, ther are people
> > on the list with a whole lot more than 50K on their Autos with no problem,
> > have a cousin with over 230K miles on his and has never had a problem with
> > it, so please don't be giving the guy false statistics....
> >
> > Bruce
>
> Um..well not to argue.....but I know at least four people (out of the six or so
> that I know who own Dakotas)(including relatives) who have all had their auto
> trannies replaced or rebuilt.......all at about 50K miles.....
> Pete

Just because you've run into bad luck doesn't make all auto trannies bad,
I know a dozen people with auto trannies in their Daks/Rams who've never
had a problem, so all I know is your family/friends have shi##y luck,
don't think it has anything to do with Daks autos as a whole. Like
anything else it depends on how you drive it and how well you take care of
it how long it will last, I nor anyone I know has ever had a problem with
a Dodge auto tranny, like I said I have a cousin with 230k+ miles on it,
got a Ram with 110k on it and neither have had any tranny problems, plus
have several friends with auto Daks who've never had a problem, I guess
you just caught a string of some with defects or you drive the h*ll out of
it one, in which case no tranny will last very long......

Bruce