Re: V8 oil leak

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 10:05:42 EST

> Bruce, I had a similar problem with my ,93 DAK but all I did to
> remedy this is was to change the gaskets that the area was leaking from
> and put in some high performance seal-a-gasket instead of having some
> factory POS gasket on there. Hope it works.
>
> Joe " Mustang Killer" Hughes

Oh, I've had the problem fixed it just took me a couple of months to get
the time and money to fix it, it was irritating to drive during those
months because i usually had to put in a quart of fluid before going
anywhere, but it's fixed and running fine now......

On a separate note my old commuter car (An '85 Buick Regal) broke down
Sunday (Coming down an entrance ramp to an interstate, hit gas to speed
up, and all of a sudden it hesitated and hitting the gas made it slow down
instead of speed up, let off gas let it coast down ramp and pulled to side
of interstate, went dead and wouldn't crank back) had a friend's mechanic
look at it and he said the timing chain broke and it would cost at least
$374 to fix (If in the process of breaking the chain didn't damage
anything else), just wondering if this was a decent price and/or if this
is a job you could do yourself if you had plenty of time (I have a 3 week
break coming up for Christmas). Thanx for any help guys...

Bruce