Re: Wiper blades

From: Mike Crumley (a0020124@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 13:55:43 EST

At 05:27 PM 12/2/97 -0600, you wrote:

><snip>
>>
>>I used to use Rain-x quite a bit before I moved to Austin. But for
>>some reason it streaks real bad now if I use it. At night it can be
>>a real hazzard because the reflection of oncoming headlights on the
>>windsheild makes it very difficult to see the street. I think it
>>might have something to do with the oil or road grime thats created
>>by lots of traffic. It was never a problem before, when I lived in
>>a small town. Without Rain-x the windshield wipes clean. Go figure?
>>
>>Alan...
>>
>That's real strange. You must not be wiping the "haze" off after it
>dries. I've been using Rain-X for over 20 years with no problems. I live
>in San Antonio and have driven thru Austin many times without seeing
>streaks (or streakers). Make sure you wipe off the residue. Per the
>instructions, if it doesn't come off easily, use a moistened cloth.
>
>Richard

I'll second that. I've never had any problem with streaking or hazing with
Rain-X. My guess would be that following the manufacture's directions is
important when applying the stuff. Could be that failure to do so is what's
causing the problem. Just a guess.

PS If you've never seen streakers you're not driving thru the right part of
Austin :=]

--
Mike Crumley     a0020124@airmail.net