Re: Final word (was Kick a Mustang)

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 08:46:41 EST

> 4. Money is a BIG issue. Like I said before, I would rather invest in
> $15,000 for a new Dakota, put $1,000 worth of modifications in it and still
> come out with more "bang for the buck" than the $23,000 Mustang GT or
> Firehawk. Geez if I put $23,000 into a V8 2wd Dakota, nothing would be
> able to touch it! I refer to my truck as the "Poor Man's Mustang." Plus,
> compare the insurance rates. Heck, my Dakota is cheaper than my wifes '96
> Contour. I save a bunch of $$$$ right there.
>
> 5. You have to remember, why you bought the vehicle. I bought mine first
> for the hauling capability and second for the performance. If I had wan't
> performance first, I probably would be driving one of the other vehicles.
>
> 6. All this is for fun. I enjoy teasing pony car owners. They have the
> money, I don't, so I have to do the best I can with what I have. Dreaming
> never hurt anyone. That is how we get the ideas that make our world great!
> I bet it was a dream of some engineer that got picked on for his ideas
> that allowed us to be able to drive the only Midsize truck available with a
> V8. Be careful whose bubble you try to burst, they may burst yours first.
>
> Thanks again, and If you see a Red shortbed pull up beside you, be careful,
> I may be dreaming again!:-)
>
> *******************************Rob Robinson ********************

I agree Rob, for the money, there is nothing even in the same
ballpark. I don't know of any other vehicle you can purchase from
the factory that gives you all this utility and performance for the
price we paid. And then there is insurance. Have ya'll priced
insurance for an f-body or mustang latley?
I enjoy racing some of the guys from our local f-body group, and yes
I loose to the 4th gens most of the time, but some of them have
a hard time making those $400+ car payments and that outrageous
insurance. And guess who they call when they have to move or need to
carry home a load from the local lumber yard? :)

Sure like having a truck.
Alan...