A/C in defrost

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 08:13:31 EST

CC does this on all its vehicles. Has been since the mid/early 70's.
They claim it keeps the A/C system lubricated and causes fewer
compressor failures. On the old pushbutton control types, you could
pull the button back out with your fingers, and it would prevent the
compressor from running in defrost. Only way I know to keep it from
running in defrost now is to splice a switch into the line to the
compressor, or unplug it at the compressor.

>>I've been reading my 1995 Dakota Owner's Manual, and was surprised to
read (on page 69) that (in an AC equipped truck) the air conditioning
compressor comes on automatically when the air-direction pushbutton is
set on Defrost. "To improve fuel economy, leave in Defrost only when
necessary," states the manual. Hope this tid-bit is helpful, Greg
Schaller<<

Azie