RE: No muffler

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 07:30:25 EST

Not too bad. When I removed my muffler, the guy helping me and myself
looked at each other - somewhat amazed - when I started it up
afterwards. Sounded good! Drove mine around with exhaust terminating at
the end of the pipe behind the converter for a few days. Alas, too much
echo under the truck for me and seemed to lose some bottom end punch.
Liked the sound at low rpm, though. High rpm sounds like glasspacks -
still does with custom pipe replacing muffler. Bottom end feels good
again. Might try a large diameter perf muffler in the future. One nice
thing - my "custom" exhaust (ha!) costs $30!