Re: Carter TQ

From: GSpurgeon (GSpurgeon@aol.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 21:54:34 EST

<< << Just make sure the resin body isn't warped. By the way Edelbrock makes
  Carter carbs now... >>

    This message predates my subscription to the list so I missed it the first
 time around. I believe the Carters are now made by Federal-Mogul not
 Edelbrock. The Edelbrock performer is an almost direct replacement for a
 Carter AFB. I replaced the single 4 BBL on my 1964 300K (non-ram) with an
 Edelbrock Performer and didn't notice any problems.

Your correct, the Carter is built by Federal-Mogul. My dad just put a 625 cfm
on his 66 Coronet.

I have a 64 300 too, but it's not the letter car. Just an ole' 383 2bbl that
still hauls! The old girl still covers up 120 without a problem.

Can't make up my mind which I like driving better, my 95 CC 318 or the old
300.