Re: Carter TQ

From: ax778@lafn.org
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 22:40:05 EST

Hi, was on the list here a few months ago (mike.burgess)
and had to unsub, went on vacation. Back now with my
fresh from the factory 98 Dakota ext-cab and 5.2 v8.
 When it's broke in, the mileage has got to get better
then the 10mpg I am getting at 300 miles. Problem
is, I am getting a big Clunk/Bang from the rear when
makeing a righthand turn up into a driveway. I have the
anti-spin differential, and it was supposadly checked
for the presence of the friction modifer additive.
Dealer can hear it, but can't fix it.
 I also have the factory rear anti-sway bar, and the
mounts are welded to the axle, no repaint, just the
slag is there. Sloppy. Any bells ring about the Clunk?
   Mike

--
Permission to use my e-mail address for unsolicited business
 e-mail is withdrawn as of Sept. 2, 1996.  Unsolicited

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."- Vice Pres. D. Quayle