Re: RE: Club??

From: Sperduto, Nick (SperdutoN@mail.dnb.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 12:35:00 EST

Count me in, make it 12
 ----------
From: Brian Blatter
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Club??
Date: Thursday, December 04, 1997 10:10AM

mike@snakebite.com wrote:

> > no we are more like a group of people that have dakots and just talk
>
> > about them 8). your counted.. btw anyone know how many people are
> > actuallyi interested in the club, from what i see about less then 10

Lord Foul sent a message that it was 11.

> I'm interested, and I'm sure alot more are but they are just waiting
> to see how things
> work out.
>
> I do think that we need a good domain name like dakota-truck.org or
> better
> yet dakota.org for things to really take off. I think we could get
> alot of new members
> with an easy to remember domain. I mean there has to be more than
> 300+ people who are
> internet literate AND drive dakotas....
>
> --
> Michael Clark

I checked with Internic to see what domains were available and
dakota.org and .com are not available. However, dakota-truck.org and
.com are available. The fee for registering a domain name is $100 for
the first 2 years and $50 for each year after that. I don't know who
would be willing to help with the fee from the club, but it wouldn't
have to be much. Maybe we could get CC to sponser us! (Anybody with CC
out there want to take this on?)

Anyways, I don't think http://www.pure-energy.net/dakota is too long a
URL for now. I had some more ideas for the page that I will implement
soon. I would like to have a Performance/Modifications section that
then has an area for the V8 Magnum and pre-Magnum and the same for the
V6. We could also seperate it by groups of years when the body style
changed etc. I would like to have a link to peoples dakota homepages
and to suppliers of Dakota Mods homepages. I took a look at the Chevy
F-body page and some good ideas there. They have just been doing this
longer than we have, so it will take us some time to get something
similar.

Any ideas from anyone will be appreciated. Hopefully this page can be a
good source of info for those with Daks and those that are considering
Daks.

Brian
 --
brian@pure-energy.net
PURE ENERGY.net - Your source for Internet Presence!

Pure Energy Mobile DJ - Good Music for Great Parties and Dances
dj@pure-energy.net
http://www.pure-energy.net/dj