Re: Best Dak finish (paint)

From: Court of Civil Appeals (ruggiers@okc.coa.state.ok.us)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 11:42:25 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Stacy Clark <clar8883@dpnet.net>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Wednesday, December 03, 1997 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Best Dak finish (paint)

>> Having seven years experience with a black dak, I would suggest (1) NEVER
>> use ANY compound on black unless absolutely necessary cuz it does look
like
>> someone's used a scotchbrite on it, (2) NEVER use a power buffer on black
>> cuz you'll have swirls visible in the sun until you have the vehicle
>> repainted, and (3) NEVER use ANYTHING other than something close to pure
>> wax, i.e., no wax/compound combos. Meguiars is probably the best,
although
>> I've had reasonable luck with Turtle, and have gotten some cream from a
>> local F__d body man that they use on the showroom vehicles that's mostly
>> carnuba.
>> Chris

>Is all paint like this or just dodges cause mine did the same thing.

My assumption would be that ALL black clearcoats will perform about the
same, although one of my friends with a 97 Cadillac SLC firemist red got
hosed by a local detail shop when they power buffed. Looked like fine
scratches bumper to bumper, top to bottom; he got 'em to pay for repaint.

Chris (home: ruggiers@telepath.com or office: ruggiers@okc.coa.state.ok.us)
(Waiting for Black QuadCab SLT 360" auto 3.55 posi on order 11/23)