'98 Fuel filler

From: ax778@lafn.org
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 20:44:27 EST

Subject: Re: DML: '98 Fuel filler

Note, this is not the filler RESTRICTOR. It is a sealed flapper
valve, in deeper than the snout on gas additive containers.
 It was a bummer, in the middle of a parking lot with dri-gas
dripping down the side. Yuch!

At 03:37 PM 12/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
> Discovered a new (to me) problem yesterday while adding a can
>of dri-gas. About 3" down inside the fuel filler port (where a gas
>pump nozzle reaches) there is a spring loaded seal. More interesting,
>the can of dri-gas snout was not long enough to open the seal.
> Realy Ugly, contents of can of dri-gas dribbleing down the side
>of my 2 week old DAK. I suppose this will make it tough to get a gallon
>of cas out for my lawnmower too. Live and learn.

- -this a legacy of the gas crisis of the 70's. they were mandated by the
gummit to prevent folks from putting leaded gas in "new" cars made during
that time w/catalytic converters. As, at the time, leaded gas was cheaper
than unleaded.
the spirl prevented the leaded nozzel from going far enuff in to make an
air tight seal for the vapor recovery.

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)