Re: My hopes of a truck

From: Steve (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 14:02:40 EST

On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 08:54:30 -0800, you wrote:

>When I got my truck, I shopped around for insurance, and found that =
Geico was=20
>close to 50% cheaper than any other insurace quote I got (Allstate,=20
>Progressive, etc). I have a couple speeding tickets and am only 22, and=
 my=20
>insurance is <$150/month on a new '98 Dak cc 4x4 v8 fully loaded. They =
give=20
>me a comprehensive policy with a $500 deductable. My friends have had =
very=20
>good experiences with them getting nicks and dings repaired as well.

        Wow. You guys must be young and unmarried. I was complaining
about $136 a month for three vehicles. Shop around, sometimes you can
get weird discounts for certain things. I have the following...

        Multi-car discount
        Homeowners discount
        utility vehicle discount (sometimes they rate trucks for this)
        Special usage discount (I only drive the Dak on weekends/trips

        Steve

=09
97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....