Re: Geico

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 01:32:11 EST

At 12:53 PM 12/5/97 -0500, Rader wrote:
>> When I got my truck, I shopped around for insurance, and found that Geico was
>> close to 50% cheaper than any other insurace quote I got
>
> Geico is also involved in a lot of political behavior that I find
>annoying, to say the least. For example, pressuring it's employees
>to communicate with their state government officials in order to get
>radar detectors banned, as they are in VA. Not illegal, but not something
>I care to hand my money to.

   Do they really do that? And here I am thinking that they might be one
of the good guys. :-P

   When insurance companies do stuff like that, it makes me 10 times as
angry as their exhorbitant rates do. They're always pulling stuff like
this; and they've always got a bunch of puppets lobbying in Washington
and in the state capitols. It seems like they're always trying to pull
a fast one or pass some legislation that'll allow them to defraud or
limit the rights of the American public even further. :-(

   The really depressing part is that they ALL do it, so its not like
you can take your business elsewhere. Wherever you go, they're doing the
same thing.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.