Geico

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 12:53:47 EST

> When I got my truck, I shopped around for insurance, and found that Geico was
> close to 50% cheaper than any other insurace quote I got

  Geico is also involved in a lot of political behavior that I find
annoying, to say the least. For example, pressuring it's employees
to communicate with their state government officials in order to get
radar detectors banned, as they are in VA. Not illegal, but not something
I care to hand my money to.

  I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that your place of
residence is probably the biggest factor in auto insurance cost,
next to age and gender. Compare insurance rates for otherwise equivalent
insurees living in Los Angeles and Parker, AZ, for example.

  Ron