Re: My hopes of a truck

From: John Lull (lull@acm.org)
Date: Sun Dec 07 1997 - 00:46:45 EST

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997 17:19:05 EST, you wrote:

> In Indiana, if you don't have insurance and get caught it's a 2 year
> suspension or $20,000 surety bond.

So you drive for 15 years before getting caught, then put up a bond.
And if you don't get in accident, and finally do get proper insurance,
you get your money back. Right? A bond is hardly the same as a fine.
It's just providing your own private insurance.

It wouldn't bother me a bit if most people didn't carry insurance --
so long as they would thereby loose any right to come after *me* when
they get in an accident. But if they want to soak my insurance, they
jolly well ought to be carrying their own as required by law.

Regards,
John