Re: Re:I hate winter

From: Marc Robertson (marc@blackberry-ridge.com)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 23:00:25 EST

dy wrote:

> Having driven a few years in the snow, I think you want your weight over
> the rear wheels for best effect.
>
> I agree that putting it behind the axel will give you some "funny" handling, to
> say the least, which might not be apparent until you high-slide or start to
> spin
> on ice or packed snow.
>
> I believe that extra weight behind the axel will increase or intensify a spin.

It absolutely will, if it gets that far. The point is to increase
stability a little so hopefully it won't get that far. But this is very
much a "to each his own" question, and probably depends on the local mix
of deep snow versus ice, hills versus flat, etc. (I've been driving in
Wisconsin for 27 years and upstate New York before that -- and I still
hate driving in snow).

Marc Robertson
marc@blackberry-ridge.com