Re: ABS question

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 1997 - 12:06:55 EST

<< I don't want to put
 two different sized tires on my truck, I was just wondering why this is. Why
 would the ABS brakes screw up if you had a different sized tire on the back
then
 in the front on a 2 wheel ABS system? >>

   It would read one tire slowing down faster than the others. This would lead
it to believe the wheel was slipping and it would try to compensate. The
sensor on a 2 wheel drive unit reads the axle speed. If you had a tire with a
greater circumference on one side, the ABS would think one or the other was
slipping.