Re: Insurance rates

From: John C. Worden (sciroco@mint.net)
Date: Sun Dec 07 1997 - 23:24:45 EST

At 08:15 AM 12/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>Well I was all set to get a new 98 Dak with the SLT+ package and all
>>the bells & whistles. V8 and 2 wheel drive. All for the low price of
>>$19,400. Then I went to my insurance company... I have 1 measly
>>little speeding ticket (67 in a 55) and they look at me and laughed!
>>It would be $257 a MONTH on top of a $400 per month payment.
>>So I am looking at a 94 V6 auto, only $14,300 with a $150 monthly
>>insurance bill. Any thoughts on that?
>>
>>~ Wayne ~

Had the same problem when I wanted a Ram 4x4 SLT sport- Allstate wanted
$2000. a year. But the agent worked to get me a deal on the Dak-
$1200(full coverage)a year, only $8.00 more a month than I was paying for
an '87 VW Scirocco 16V(basic liability). BTW I'm 26 and have 4 tickets and
1 accident on my record. And for anybody going to say "dump allstate", I
would love to, but I can't get insurance anywhere else until next summer
when 3 of the tickets will be off my record.

John '98 Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Leer aluminum tonneau cover.