RE: Stereo Problems

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 19:29:42 EST

Joe said:

"My problem with my stereo is that my stereo crackles at higher volumes
than before? I have 4 8" subwoofers behind my seat with a 100-watt,
2-way bridgeable crossover, and 2 5 1/2" mid-ranges in my doors. Now at
a higher volume control my stereo starts to crackle and doesn't ransmit
the lyrics or giuitar very well, although it does transmit the drum with
the best quality that I've ever heard.

                                PLEAS HELP ME.

Mustang Killer Joe Hughes"

Joe,
How about some high end, and I dont mean gobs of money either. If you
only have 5 1/4's and 8's, then your problem is simple to solve. You
need something that will reproduce the high notes better. You say lyrics
and guitar, right? Those are high frequency (most times) and the drivers
you have now are not good for those frequencies. Get a pair or 4's or 3
1/2's and a pair of good tweeters and you will be happy once again. BTW,
once you have the smaller drivers installed, dont forget to cross the 5
1/4's and 8's lower so they will not be subject to the distortion you
have presently.
John
98' Dak CC Sport 4X4, 5.2L, AUTO! 3.92 LSD, Nerf Bars, Billet Grill,
Tire and Handling Package, Power everything.
No system yet, but will be putting it together shortly

--
remove anti spam ^'s from reply to address to reply