Accident rates

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 1997 - 01:17:51 EST

  There has been some discussion of the difference in accident rates and the
accompanying premiums for young male and female drivers. Recently, I've
noticed that it makes little difference any more in regards to gender.
   I learned back in the early 80's, when I ran a salvage yard, that there is
a difference between the TYPE of claims male and female drivers have. Boiled
down to the minimum. Female drivers have more accidents but male drivers have
bigger ones. The typical female driver will scrape a post today and back into
another car tomorrow. The typical male driver will generally not bump things
to often but will show off or get in a hurry and seriously damage (if not
total out) his vehicle and possibly others too.