Re: ABS Limitationsu

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 09 1997 - 12:55:45 EST

> You obviously haven't hunted in California. You won't have any trouble getting
> a tag for the areas near the Oregon border, but most of the rest of the state
> is under lottery drawings for scarce tags. Here in Southern California, there
> simply aren't that many deer. I waited about seven years to draw Cmp Pendleton,
> hunting in the Nat'l Forest in the meantime (and not seeing any deer). I did
> see deer on base, but didn't take any. Had a perfect chance at two does and a
> spike, but passed on them in hopes a buck would wander by (none did). Sigh.
> I may try archery there next season just to have a chance.
>
> If you do want to go to the trouble, the drawings are in June (applications
> due earlier than that - May?). Hardly worth the non-resident cost for a deer.
> There are Elk in the Tule Valley, but they're so tame it's like "hunting"
> cows. All in all, a far cry from back home in Montana (where the deer and
> the antelope play!).
>
> Jim
> Dakota - The Right Caliber of Dodge Magnum Force

Okay, I guess I'll stick to hunting deer here in GA, all you gotta do here
is pay $20 for a big game license and your ready to go, and you get 5 tags
and we're up to 4 or 5 either sex days here in the Northern part, and in
South GA it's either sex about the whole season because there are just so
many deer there. The only problem is that there aren't a whole lot of
good off-roading trails here like the one you described, guess I'll do my
hunting here then take a trip out west to find some cool 4WD trails....

Bruce