Re: ABS Limitationsu

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 09 1997 - 12:22:29 EST

>> >Just wanna know, where is this trail, I gotta try it some time, it sounds
>> It's inside the Marine Corps' Camp Pendleton. The road is also normally
>Hey, that works out great, I like to hunt deer, might go out for a visit
>and get a 7-day hunting license just so I can try out that trail, heck

You obviously haven't hunted in California. You won't have any trouble getting
a tag for the areas near the Oregon border, but most of the rest of the state
is under lottery drawings for scarce tags. Here in Southern California, there
simply aren't that many deer. I waited about seven years to draw Cmp Pendleton,
hunting in the Nat'l Forest in the meantime (and not seeing any deer). I did
see deer on base, but didn't take any. Had a perfect chance at two does and a
spike, but passed on them in hopes a buck would wander by (none did). Sigh.
I may try archery there next season just to have a chance.

If you do want to go to the trouble, the drawings are in June (applications
due earlier than that - May?). Hardly worth the non-resident cost for a deer.
There are Elk in the Tule Valley, but they're so tame it's like "hunting"
cows. All in all, a far cry from back home in Montana (where the deer and
the antelope play!).

Jim
Dakota - The Right Caliber of Dodge Magnum Force