Re: ABS Limitationsu

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 09:13:39 EST

> I hear that in parts of northern New Jersey, there are so many deer that
> the season is basically open year-round. Of course, they make it so
> difficult to own guns that there are few hunters. Housing density no doubt
> also makes archery the way to go. Probably get tired of eating venison if
> I lived there!

Yeah, I've heard that also, they have so many deer that they are a danger
to drivers, there is supposed to be a wreck involving a deer just about
everyday, always sounded like a good place to go hunting to me....

> From what I've seen of them, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama don't offer
> much in the way of mountains. You needn't go all the way to the coast tho,
> Colorado and New Mexico have some beautiful country for four-wheeling. I
> hear tell that West Texas has hills, but the bumps that broke up the
> interminable sagebrush on I-20 are nothing compared to the majesty of the
> Colorado Rockies.

We do have some mountains here in Northern GA (The Appalachians) it's just
that they aren't real big, and there aren't really any trails you can go
4-wheeling on. Yeah I'm considering taking a summer off after I graduate
and go out west and hit all the trails between here a California, I
believe that will quench my desire to go 4-wheeling for a long time...

> Then again, I'm sorta partial to the Rockies in Montana. If you want to see
> MOUNTAINS, the place to go is Glacier National Park.

I hear Glacier is really beautiful, I've always wanted to visit...

> The attraction of four wheeling here in California is the diversity of
> trail conditions. Most of the mountain trails are of deteriorated granite,
> with granite bolders strewn around. Then there are the desert trails, with
> sandy washes, hills made of all sorts of soils, and lots of rocks. On the
> coast, you'll find the clays and more granite, and everything from the
> coastal chapparal in the south, to Redwood forests up north. And there have
> been people around long enough that there are trails going darn near
> anywhere you might want (and too many people in so many places you'd want
> to go otherwise). They keep closing areas, but we might be turning the
> corner on that front.
>
> Jim
> Dakota - The Right Caliber of Dodge Magnum Force

So you have the best of all worlds in California, huh, might have to
start at the southern end and go all the way up then once I get there....

Bruce