Re: ABS Limitationsu

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 21:07:19 EST

>and go out west and hit all the trails between here a California, I
>believe that will quench my desire to go 4-wheeling for a long time...

Four-wheeling in another state is best done cautiously. You need to
either find someone who wants to go the same places, or be prepared
for self-recovery (winch, etc.) which really requires a lot of off-road
experience to be safe.

The other alternative is organized events. There are some notable ones
in the southern Colorado Rockies, but the one all listmembers might be
interested in is the.... <drum roll>

Dakota Territory Challenge

They have a Web site at:
http://www.suv.com/live2net/body.htm

and check out this guy's reports:
http://www.4x4now.com/96dc.htm

Pay attention to the ratings for the trails. When they say "not advisable"
they imply damage that gets extensive (and expen$ive).

Jim
'93 4x4