Introduction and mountains in Montana

From: Tom Swortzel (tom@imt.net)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 12:53:34 EST

I've been following the list for only a couple of days now. I currently
have a 96 RAM 1500, but am in the process of building an order for the 98
Dakota. I thought I'd preview this mailing list to see what it offers. I
like what I see. I have some questions I'll pose later. I've read some good
info, and have followed interesting threads. I can no longer remain quiet
about the mountains in Glacier and Yellowstone thread.

Born and raised 25 miles from the east side mountain front of Glacier. It
used to be a beautiful three hour drive for me to the top of the Going to
the Sun Highway in Glacier. When berries are sparse, the grizzlies walk out
of the mountains and walk down the alley behind my mothers house. Gorgeous
animals.

Currently living 90 minutes from the middle of Yellowstone Park and it's
mountains.

Sorry, the "4 wheel drive trails" in both parks are called highways. You
drive to parking areas at the end of trails (forest service maintained
gravel roads), get out of your vehicle and walk. There are trails for 4
wheeling, but they're almost all in the foothills. Forest service might let
you on an old logging road, but they're trying to re-capture most of them.
Yes, Montana is beautiful.

Sorry this is long, but now my first Dakota question. Anyone experiencing
any problems with the 4 wheel ABS? I've heard bad stories about them on
other vehicles.

Tom Swortzel
Software Quality Analyst
tom@imt.net