Re: Re: 4wd in Mtns, was ABS Limitations

From: John Michael Foster (foster.john@mailexcite.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 16:44:57 EST

>>Better do it soon. There is a movement to ban cars and campers from
>>national parks -just in the initial planning stages. You'll have to
>>go in by bus and leave the car/truck/camper behind. They're talking
>>about tearing up roads and parking lots and returning them to grass.
>>I guess the places are becomming too noisy & crowded, so in the future
>>it will be the policy to book way in advance and get bussed in (or hike)
>>to the camp areas. I don't know how close the parking lots will be.
>>
>>Hopefully there won't be overkill on this (just the places in real
>>bad shape will have to do something), but you never know.
>>

>>-Bob T.
>
>I saw something on the new or something about this. They plan to start
>with the Grand Canyon and I believe Yellowstone and then move on to others
>like Acadia.
>
>John '98 sport 4x4, 3.9 auto

John, thought I'd let you know that I'm origanaly from Gardiner, I still frequent
the area to visit my parents down in Stonington. I would feel sad if the next time
I'm in your neck of the woods with my DAK I would'nt be able to cruise thru the park.
Best of luck this winter, it's a little warmer down here in Ohio.
Regards, John
95' DAK sport, 5.2, many mods.

http://www.mailexcite.com