Re: New to List

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 20:17:10 EST

First, welcome!
> Finally to my question. I want to upgrade my intake, but I want
>more than just an FIPK. Can I get ram- air w/o a whole new hood? If I
>do end up with just an FIPK, is installation that tough? Thanks in
>advance for any information you can give,

Lot's of listmembers have FIPK. You might look into FABM (Fresh Air By
Meldrum) - involves some metal bending of your own, but results are
superior to the K&N setup because you're drawing outside air, instead of
underhood air.

There are aftermarket hoods available. Personally, I'd go for a cowl-
induction setup, as they're more effective at getting pressurized air.

There's also an outfit that makes a plastic part that cleans up the
airflow into the throttle body - even in the stock airbox. You can
get the throttle body ported and polished, you can pay about $600 and
get the intake manifold ExtrudeHone'd, or you can pay in the neighborhood
of $4000 and get a blower for the Dakota from Vortech or Paxton.

Choices.

Jim