Re: Exhaust question

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 20:55:48 EST

>I have a 92 Dakota with the V6. I've heard you guys saying that when a
>dual outlet muffler is put onto a 6 cylinder you lose some torque. I was
>
>just wondering if you guys could explain why that is. Thanks.
>
>Gary Seminara
>92 CC Dakota Sport

What you get is a slight increase of horsepower, but a decrease in torque.
The torque is lost due to the decrease in backpressure on the engine. This
is not always the best way to go. Torque gives you the pulling power. So
you vehicle could "feel" less powerful, when really you have some more
horses.

Guys take it from here.

Red 96 Dakota Sport V8 3.55 Burgundy 68 Barracuda Fastback
Shortbed, Standard Cab 318-904 8 3/4 rear3.23 sure-grip
K&N filterpack-clone Moser cut van axles w 11" drums
Rhino performance muffler Duals with Formula S exhaust tips
w/dual exhaust Power steering/Dealer installed
                                        airconditioning