Re: Picking nits on my new DAK.

From: Rupert Horn (rupert.horn@ucop.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 12 1997 - 19:17:32 EST

At 06:30 PM 12/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
>If Chrysler could make a perfect vehicle that fit everyone perfectly, there
>wouldn't be Ford, Chevy, or that foreign stuff. Being 6 Foot 9, I can't
fit in most cars, in fact, I got stuck in a Neon once, but that doesn't
make those
>smaller cars bad, it means they're for different people, with different wants
>and needs. If you could actually buy a car/ truck and be totally,
absolutely,
>perfectly happy with it, then everyone in the customization business would be
>out of a job.
Exactly.
And, for me, that's one of the advantages of owning an HD.
The aftermarket allows me to make it a vehicle as individual as myself.
Try building a J-Brand bike from a catalog.
Most folks who buy HD's know that the initial purchase "investment" is only
a starting point.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Dakota. It has a nice, solid, truck
feel in a relative small package. Drives & handles well and w/the
aftermarket suppliers does lend itself to some
customization/personalization. But it still seems to be somewhat of the
"bastard" w/regards to customization. But that, for me, only makes it more
attractive. I.E., I won't see one every time I turn a corner. Unlike
Ferds, chebbies and the various J-Brands.