Re: DAK-RT/Jeep showdown

From: Mori 4 (Mori4@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Dec 13 1997 - 14:46:44 EST

tests. There's just too many factors involved such as elevation. A normally
aspirated engine will typically lose 5% horsepower per 1000' of elevation. So
an acceleration test preformed at Bandimere Speedway which has an altitude of
almost 6000' compared to tracks that are actually below sea level you can see
a 30-35% difference in power output.

 Also, you have to take into consideration the weather conditions like; was
there a tail wind or head wind, extreme temperature, humidity or barometric
pressure? All of which are variables to consider.

 Traction is also very dependant when trying to acheive respectable times. Did
they have optimum traction in this test? Stock street radial tires on a
torquey pick-up truck do not mix very well. The Jeep GC 5.9L is not traction
limited with its tires because it has all wheel drive capabilities. I have
seen as much as .4 sec variance just in my own 60' times depending on launch
technique and more importantly track/starting line conditions.

 So, to be fair and make an accurate comparo let's test these vehicles
together in the same day, track and conditions..........

     Shane B, #708 Shelby Dak