Re: Interior quirks

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 09:17:20 EST

At 02:02 AM 12/14/97 -0900, ROADRUNNER wrote:
>I really love my new dakota, but three things seem inconvenient with the
>interior styling.
>3) The 4x4 on indicator is on the floor. I know this is true of many
> trucks, but I still dislike it. There is a light on the '97 dashes
> that tells you when the windshield washer fluid is low, but they
> couldn't put a "4x4 engaged" light anywhere.
>
> What is up with that??

I've noticed on the 95 that I can see the 4x4 light reflected in the window
at night (or on really cloudy days). Apparently it's a heads-up 4x4
indicator, they just didn't make it bright enough :-).
  -- Jason

One more note: I'm not sure about the '97, but both my '93 and '95 have a
quirk that I find slightly annoying. The crank handle for the window seems
to be a bit low. Every time I hit a bump, my leg has the privilege of
smacking into it. I'm not sure if it's a Dodge thing or just a truck thing
as Dakota's are the only trucks I've ever owned. None of my other vehicles
seemed to have had that problem and I'm pretty much used to it now. Just
thought I'd add my bit on quirks.
  -- Norah