RE: Stock rims

From: Smith L. W. Nash (railway@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 09:44:02 EST

yes. wheel warpage got me on two wheels and I know I haven't hit any big
potholes or other obstacle that might impact the wheels. Simply put, the
mfr. of the wheels Chrysler had make for them didn't have as high a
standard and the wheels were put together wrong.
        Aluminum Alloy wheels are better in almost every case. Spun aluminum
wheels will have least offset because of the way they're made. Cast
aluminum, whether they are alloy or not, have a higher risk of having a
defect in the mold and therefore may have more offset that has to be
machined out at the factory. Now if you find forged aluminum rims, each
wheel was cut/machined from a single block of aluminum or aluminum alloy.
 Those are the best but cost the most. Then the only thing you're really
balancing in the tire, which in most cases have more than one offset.

Smitty - KF4UQY
Raleigh, NC
'92 3.9L Magnum, Shtbd.