Re: Finally got one

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 13:35:30 EST

<< Good point - Flame Red does attract attention. It's probably a good
 thing that I need to take it easy during break-in. The pup only has 75
 miles on it - 13 when I drove it off the lot. >>

   One thing I do on every new car or rebuilt engine that I drop in an old one
is slap a large magnet on the oil filter. This will get a bunch of the small
particles of ferrous metal that would normally get through the filter. In
fact, if possible, I keep a transmission magnet on all oil filters anymore.
I've got one engine with about 120K on it and it's just as clean and strong as
the day I dropped it in. Although, regular oil changes make a BIG difference
here.