Re: Low end performace

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 13:35:26 EST

<< Does anyone have any suggestions for improving low speed pickup on
 a 93 Dak with a V6? I raced a guy lastnight and he damn near beat me
 because between 0-30 there is hardly any acceleration. Allthough I
 kicked is a++ after 30 mph though. The sad part was it was a Toyota
 with a V6. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

 Oh yea, I also have 3.55 gears and Boche platinum plugs.
 (That could be my problem they have about 50,000 miles on them.) >>

   Well, you're definitely due for some new plugs. While you're at it, you
might want to go with some nice fat 8.5 mm plug wires. I went with a K&N
filter in my air box on my 93 with the 3.9 and I noticed a difference right
away in throttle response. The biggest problem is your gearing. The 3.55 is
great on the highway but lousy for acceleration. A gear change would help but
you'll lose your highway economy and it is a good bit of work.
   Don't forget to look into changing the computer. You can use part #
P5249521 from Mopar Performance. If you keep your old computer instead of
trading it in, you can swap them when you want. The new computer requires
premium fuel but it also does away with the cut out at high speed. This number
will work on any 92 or 93 with the V-6.

  Regards, Paul