A-arm bushings

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 13:54:45 EST

Alan said:
>On another topic. With all that poking around on my dak yesterday I
>have found some problems. The first is my control arm bushings are
>shot to hell. Obviously I will need to replace them soon. Has anyone
>tackled this before and how much of a bitch is it.

With 125K miles, I can tell by the handling that mine are shot. They
LOOKED shot long, long ago judging by the cracks in the visible parts.
I would say they really lasted until about 100K.

It looks to be quite a job to replace these - at least on a 4x4 - and
certainly not a job I want to do very often. If I replace the bushings
with stock, I'll be looking at doing this again in only a couple of
years. The off-road shops don't have any listings for urethane bushings
up front (though Energy Suspension does have a kit for the rear leaf
springs).

Anyone ever done something like this on an A-arm equipped truck?

Jim
'93 4x4 V8