Re: 360 SWAP (was Re: RE: Detonation)

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 15 1997 - 15:02:39 EST

Dan said:
>Crane 2030 cam, Roller rockers, Ported throttle body. I'll also sell the
>Mopar SBEC along with it. I don't quite know what to ask for the engine

Dan - What are you planning to use for an engine management computer for
the 360? A Ram SBEC? An aftermarket computer? By who? When? Where? How much?

I want to do a 360 swap too, but I'm after torque, so I'll probably use
a stock 360 short block, rework and swap the stock Magnum heads, and maybe
swap cams. But getting the idle fuel-air map right is a ticklish problem.
I have to be able to meet CA smog, so it has to at least look and smell
like a stock setup. Thank the stars that the '93 smog specs are pretty
lax, so I have a lot of room to play.

Jim