Re: Paint

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 11:45:38 EST

My 97 is brilliant blue pearlcoat. I have read a lot on the various
newsgroups (e.g. rec.autos.chrysler) about the bad paint jobs in the
early 90's (not just by Chrysler, either). A lot of the problems were
in the blue/black colors, although other colors are problematic.
It is my understanding that the primer changes of the early 90's
have been corrected.

If I really clean/glaze my dak, I see the same swirls in the sunlight.
I have not had the truck buff'd. It came from the factory that way.
I'm not sure if its a problem, or if it is indicative of the pearl
coat. Comments?

--
| Chip Maurer           chip@unx.dec.com    |