Re: Supercharger Was: Re: Re: 360 SWAP (was Re: RE:Detonation)

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 19:19:37 EST

Jon,

The supercharger came with everything but the boost master that I bought
from Jacobs.
This was an extra $225. The kit was complete with a bypass valve and oil
lines.

Very easy to install once the hole is punched in the oil pan for the oil
return line.

Dan
APE www.tiac.net/users/goape/index.htm

----------
> From: Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Supercharger Was: Re: Re: 360 SWAP (was Re: DML: RE:Detonation)
> Date: Tuesday, December 16, 1997 2:30 AM
>
> At 07:59 PM 12/15/97 -0600, Daniel Colucci wrote:
> >Magnum Performance doesn't have the best prices around either. I saved
$10
> >bucks on Magnecor wires going right through Magnecor, I saved about $70
> >buying my roller rockers from Howell automotive, as well as saving
another
> >$75 buying my Crane 2030 camshaft from Howell. Not to mention I had a 3
> >inch high flow catalytic converter installed for $150, this included the
3
> >inch pipe to and from the converter. Should I go on?
> >
> >Dan
> >94 Sport 5.2 with a Vortech S-Trim supercharger. Bought from Auburn
> >Performance for $2400.00 about $500 - $600 cheaper than Magnum
Performance.

> That *is* a good price. What did you get for that $2400? (i.e. just
the
> supercharger itself, or did it come with all the hookups for oil, etc.)
Did
> you have to buy anything extra because of the supercharger? (i.e. oil
cooler,
> by-pass valves, ignition upgrades, etc?)
>
> I'm just wondering how much money it would take to go from basically
stock
> to supercharged (while not putting undue stress on the engine). I had
always
> figured about $3500-4000, but if this can be done for down near $2500, I
> might be able to do this sooner than I thought. (Its not anytime soon in

> either case, but if it really is $1,000-$1,500 less, that's a lot more
> manageable...)
>
> Does Auburn Performance have a web site and/or catalog? I haven't seen
> a Vortech for less than $2900. I wonder if the rest of their stuff is
> as cheap? :-)
>
> Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!
>
> -Jon-
>
> .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/
---.
> | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ,
RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019)

> I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my
own.