Re: New for 98?

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc@inreach.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 03:10:07 EST

After burning those crap Wrangler 235/75's in 13,000 miles, I put on
some Dunlop 255/70's on my truck. Decided to go to the mountains on
Thanksgiving and wanted to buy chains. Hell of a time finding chains
for this tire size, by the way. After an hour at the local chiefs, I
found some that fit. Even with the bigger tires, there was plenty of
clearance back there. I would not put them on the front as the tires
are pushing the limit of rubbing when I turn hard. My 93 Saturn's
manual told me not to put chains on the tires. This I understand, it
has 15 in. rims and is front wheel drive and a pretty small car. Not
much room in those wheel wells. But a truck! who ever heard of not
being able to put chains on a truck. Stupid if you ask me. I don't
know what Dodge had in mind when they printed that in the manual, hope I
am not jeopardizing any warranty. But oh well.

P.S. I live in CA, in the LA area and love heading to those mountains
when we get a little snow. I can't stand the weather here, too boring.
I used to live in Colorado... Now that is some nice weather. You get
all 4 seasons. Just my $0.02.

Ryan
97, CC, 5.2L, 5spd, 4x2, SLT+, Black