Re: RE: Re: Update: Rear End Growl

From: Mike Crumley (a0020124@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 20:14:52 EST

At 05:07 PM 12/17/97 , you wrote:

>Still looking for an
>answer if anybody has had any "popping" sounds from the bed when going
>in and out of driveways and the such. I'm going to take it to the dealer
>and I don't want to leave it up to them to decide blow smoke in my
>face.....

Don't know if you have a problem or not, but it has been my experience that
it is the nature of pickups to make all manner of noises under the proper
conditions. I hear pops and bangs on occasion, especially when going over
bumps. Even the change from street to driveway or parking lot causes it
sometime. I don't know what causes it, like I said I think it's just the
way most pickups are made. If it only happens occasionally I wouldn't worry
about it. If it happens all the time, there may be something else going on.

BTW, my Dak is a 97 (got it in June) so it's not old or worn.

--
Mike Crumley     a0020124@airmail.net