cab leak

From: plescure@ebawaste.com
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 13:34:09 EST

my 94 Dakota has developed a leak in the cab just below the pedals on the floor board.
it first happened when the truck was parked on a slope with the front end lower than the rear, so water must be flowing down the windshield and then into the cab somehow.

I took the truck to Dodge for a 60,000 mile service and they said I would have to take the truck to a body shop to fix the leak.

The digital display on the radio went out and no sound comes out, but I can hear the motors of the tape deck turning. I think the problems with the radio are due to water in the cab. it was basicaly raining inside the truck when the water on the floor bords condensed on the windshield.

I also have a 92 Dakota company truck that has the same leak but on the passenger side. Does anyone else have this problem? I was going to take off the cowel under the windshield wipers and look there, maybe a little butyl rubber sealant will fix it? If anyone has any ideas, suggestion or knowledge I could use the help.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)