Re: cab leak

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 19:59:21 EST

<< The digital display on the radio went out and no sound comes out, but I can
hear the motors of the tape deck turning. I think the problems with the radio
are due to water in the cab. it was basicaly raining inside the truck when
the water on the floor bords condensed on the windshield.

 I also have a 92 Dakota company truck that has the same leak but on the
passenger side. Does anyone else have this problem? I was going to take off
the cowel under the windshield wipers and look there, maybe a little butyl
rubber sealant will fix it? If anyone has any ideas, suggestion or knowledge
I could use the help. >>

Check the heater core. I had a heater core blow up on my 96 Dakota, with only
5,000 miles on it. Luckily I was able to make it home, and to the dealer the
next day, without overheating. Carpets were soaked with coolant!!!!! I mean
literaly flooded!!!! Windows would no unfog/clearup!! Then it took them 2
weeks to fix!!!!!

Brad