Re: Chrysler Trivia - courtesy of Bow Mel Chrysler

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 14:23:15 EST

>I've got a good trivia question for you, why do some of the Chrysler
>products only have a pentastar on the right hand door and not on the
>left? It requires two answers, 1)why only one and 2) why on that door?

Hmmm, well, I know I've seen Neons and Intrepids with a Pentastar on
the left, drivers-side door, so it's not due to some high and mighty
philosophical/religious reason. Which leaves the mundane.

Two possible answers:

1) Left and right doors are made in different factories, right-hand
doors happen to be made in a Chrysler factory, so they get the star??

2) The models on which this happens are made at the Normal, IL factory
jointly owned by Mitsubishi and Chrysler, and each company has their
badging on only one side, the other being devoid of badging. Don't know
what that gains them, except that the factory has been making cars
labeled "Mitsu", "Dodge", and "Eagle". They could make three versions
of the driver's door, and only two of the right - put the pentastar
on both Dodge and Eagle cars.

Potential customers walk up to the driver's side door.

Jim
Dak, Dak, Dak, Merry Christmas!