Re: Bedliners

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 15:26:35 EST

> Buy some of that liquid liner at the auto shop and apply a coat
>of it to the bed. Then install your drop in liner as you normally would.
>It seems this would prevent some of the rubbing associated with drop in
>liners and still remain resonably cheap. I don't think I would trust
>those liquid bedliners by themselves, however. They seem pretty thin
>compared something like a Rhino lining.

I used the liquid liner in my truck and I'm actually pretty happy with it (The cheap(ish) stuff from the auto parts store, not the rhino liner) You are right, it is much thinner than the rhino type and it's actually not rubbery at all. I'm not sure I would trust it to stand up to a heavy workload like the rhino liner would, but 95% of what I carry around is cardboard boxes. The liner has actually held up very well. Occasionally a little stone or staple will wind up under one of the boxes as it slides around in the back of the truck and these scratched the factory paint before I sprayed in the liner, but since then there have really been no scratches. Although I'm happy with it for what I do I don't know if it would help much in protecting against a bedliner.

HTH
  Brett