Re: Paint

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 11:12:29 EST

At 02:06 PM 12/17/97 EST, you wrote:
>I got a wht 92 dak 4x4 and the entire roof of the cab was peeling. It took a
>year of haggling, arguing, and letters to the CEO before the dealership
>finally decided to re-imburse me for the cost of re-painting the cab. I
>finally got my check last week and now the paint around the left fender is
>starting to separate from the primer coat...I'm disgusted and wondering if
>they're gonna do a recall on this. I'm not holding my breath though.
>
>Dennis
>92 Dak 5.2 lit 4x4, 4 inch Trailmaster suspension lift kit, 33x12.5 Cepek MS
>tires, Jacobs Ultra ignition system, Warn multi-mount system

My 92 Brilliant Blue 4x4 did the same thing on the roof....I moaned and
screamed until the dealer repainted the roof...

My hood had been repainted due to the dealer's accidently scratching it a
year before, so that should be ok...

Now, my pass. side pillar (behind the door) and some parts of the drivers
side fender and bed are looking "dull".....Thats EXACTLY what the roof
looked like for a couple years before it peeled all of a sudden.

THIS REALLY SHOULD BE A RECALL!! A whole crapload of people have
complained about this, here and in other forums.

A class action lawsuit was in the works somewhere a while back, but I dont
know how it worked out.

My Dak has close to 90k miles on it, but you cvan be DAMNED sure I will be
back at the dealer when these other areas start to peel.

Its only 5years old....Apint aint supposed to PEEL off a car...Its supposed
to FADE off at the worst...