Re: 13 Dak

From: T & J (starwolf@bewellnet.com)
Date: Sat Dec 20 1997 - 21:31:03 EST

>From: Tim Roller
>starwolf@bewellnet.com
>Sat.20,'97 6:00pm
>
>Geez, you're not asking for much are you? Just Kidding, if you really
want to get into the 13's you're gonna have to get a lot of money and get
rid of a LOT of vehicle weight. One reason I mentioned a lot of money is
it'll be needed to purchase a lot of parts and have a lot of body panels
that probably aren't made at this time produced in fiberglass. The panels
to be replaced are the hood,fenders,bed and tailgate assy. By replacing
these panels in fiberglass, you'll get a weight savings of approximately
500lbs. This doesn't include the bumpers, but you could possibly have a
full front end(tilt front) possibly made that incorrperates the
hood,fenders,moulded bumper,and have the air dam dropped lower to reduce
the under vehicle resistance. Which brings up another problem- resistance-
the vehicle will need to be lowered to reduce wind under the vehicle. Now
for the engine--change out the fuel injectors to models that flow at a
higher rate, you'll need a higher lift cam for better valve flow, and get a
SUPERCHARGER that will also include a new computer. Now for that axle--go
to a V-8 axle with at least 3.90 or maybe 4.10 ratio and a set of GOOD
wheels and racing tires for the track--the V-6 axle won't hold up under the
strain
     have fun and good luck--these are just a few of what's needed,and
don't include the throttle body or cooling system or interior, not to
mention as to whether or not it's even emissions passable.