Re: Re: My Dakota Gone

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Dec 21 1997 - 09:17:55 EST

Hey!! Nothing personal...Just jaggin yer wires, so to speak...Im sure that
applies to everyone else...

>1. ~75% of the parking spaces on campus that don't require a permit are on
>the street (i.e. parallel parking). Many times I can't get the truck
>parked there--it just won't fit.

I can sympathize....I went to IUP in Pennsylvania...No easy free
parking....And, even tho the Dak is smaller, it STILL is a big vehicle to
park...

>2. ~10 mpg in the city in the DAK. This is mainly due to the fact that
>most of my trips are less than 5 miles, as I live close to campus.

Im glad that SOMEONE else gets the same mileage as me.....And I
concur......I like my Dak cause its a truck....But I would also like to have
a 'Stang Shelby....or at least the GT V8....Sporty, good looking, and quick.

>3. Considerably higher gas mileage in mustang (something like 16/26
>compared to real world ~11/18 in DAK) and is still ~2 seconds faster 0-60
>than my DAK.

Get ready for the replies saying "I get 14/18 with my V8 Dak....." I said
I got 11/14 and was told that my truck is probably sick....

>4. Fun-to-drive factor. The Dakota is a very fun TRUCK to drive, but it
>seemed like more of a hassle sometimes than it was fun.

I would have to say that the stang would probably handle better and feel a
lot more like a sports car.....Lets face it guys....we STILL drive a
truck.....A truck will alwys handle somewhat like a truck except with many
expensve mods.....Its the nature of the beast...

>6. LOTS of cheap mods for Mustang. As for DAK, well....can't say the same.

Is the really true??? Even for the new models??

>7. NOT as a babe magnet. I buy vehicles based more on performance and
>value than on looks.

Ok...performance is performance. But ya hafta admit chicks dig sports
cars!!! :-)

>Look, I wasn't looking to get flamed here. I thought we were all mature
>enough to respect others for making their own decisions and having their
>own opinions. You guys may not agree with my reasoning, but then again,
>you're not the ones making the payments either. I just wanted something
>that better fit my needs, and the mustang was it. I'm sorry if you guys
>have such a problem with that.

Sorry if my reply felt as tho I was flaming....Not intended....

Actually, like Isaid, I would like to have a Stang myself.....That bloody
red color, V8, convertible, SHelby if I could afford it (yeah right....)

ANyways, enjoy your Stang....Let us know how ya like it.....

Later...

zavetsky@usaor.net

92 4x4 short bed Brilliant blue 318 V8 4 speed auto
K&N, power pulleys, Gibson exhaust